As part of Disney’s Halfway to Halloween celebration happening right now, they announced the Disney After Hours BOO BASH for this fall. While this comes as a huge blow to those waiting for a return of Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party, it makes sense considering that the things that make MNSSHP special (fireworks, parades, character meet and greets) are not running right now and potentially will not return by late August when the Halloween party traditionally starts. (updated June 2, 2021)
BOO BASH Offerings
While there won’t be the traditional fireworks and Boo to You parade that we’ve all come to know and love, the Disney After Hours BOO BASH is still shaping up to be a fun event. Reminiscent of Villains After Hours that was offered in 2019, there will be:
- Halloween-themed cavalcades
- Mickey’s Happy Halloween Cavalcade: Mickey, Minnie, Pluto, and pals all dressed in their Halloween costumes
- Disney Villain Halloween Cavalcade: Gaston, Dr Facilier, the Queen of Hearts, and Jafar
- Jack’s Nightmare Cavalcade: Jack Skellington plus Sally and Oogie Boogie
- And most importantly, Maleficent will take to the streets again!!!
- Character sightings around the park (not traditional meet and greets)
- Performances by the Cadaver Dans
- Unlimited (select) snacks like ice cream novelties, popcorn, and select beverages – just like at the other After Hours events
- Treat stops with lots of candy
- Costumes are allowed for all guests
- LOW WAIT TIMES at over 20 attractions
2021 Disney After Hours BOO BASH Dates/Prices
BOO BASH will take place on select nights from August 10 – October 31, from 9pm – midnight (the August parties are from 930pm-1230am). Like the other “After Hours” events, this one will take place after the park closes to day guests and does not require the park to close early – a common complaint of MNSSHP. Specific dates and prices have not been officially announced yet, but I will update this post as soon as they are – including if military pricing is available. Tickets go on sale next month, so I’m expecting that information to be out shortly.
Boo Bash dates and prices were released this morning, so without further ado, here are all the details. August and September dates start at $129-139 plus tax, October nights are $159-169 plus tax, and Halloween is a whopping $199 plus tax. Annual Passholders and DVC Members can save $10 per ticket in August and September. Tickets go on sale online, or call 407-939-4240 on June 15, though guests of select WDW hotels can book on June 8.
August: 10, 17, 20, 24, 27, 31
September: 3, 7, 10, 14, 17, 21, 24
October: 5, 8, 12, 15, 19, 22, 24, 26, 29, 31
There’s been no mention of military pricing yet but I’ll update again if/when that info is released.
Will you be attending the new Disney After Hours BOO BASH this year? While I’m totally bummed not to have the Halloween party back in its full glory, I am definitely looking forward to checking this event out!
I think the thing I’m most excited to find out is will Maleficent once again take to the streets at night as part of a cavalcade, just as she did during Villains After Hours! Luckily, this question has been answered, and she WILL be breathing her fire down Main Street once again!!