Following the announcement of the Disney After Hours BOO BASH for this fall, it came as no surprise that Disney is opting for an After Hours event for the Christmas season as well. The Disney Very Merriest After Hours party is a replacement for the usual Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party that we’ve come to know and love. This 4-hour event runs from 9pm-1am on select November/December evenings and also allows for admission into Magic Kingdom as early as 7pm. Updated 9/13/21 with Very Merriest Military Discount info.
VERY MERRIEST Offerings
Unlike the BOO BASH After Hours event running this fall with no parade and fireworks, VERY MERRIEST After Hours WILL have Mickey’s Once Upon a Christmastime Parade and Minnie’s Wonderful Christmastime Fireworks show. It appears that while BOO BASH is much more like the Villains After Hours that was offered in 2019, VERY MERRIEST will be closer to the regular Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party – just with fewer hours and no character meet and greets.
- Mickey’s Once Upon a Christmastime Parade
- No details yet as to if this will be running 2x per night like at MVMCP or just once
- Minnie’s Wonderful Christmastime Fireworks
- You’ll also be able to enjoy the brand-new fireworks spectacular, Disney Enchantment (part of WDW’s 50th Anniversary celebration), if you’re in Magic Kingdom before the park closes to day guests.
- Holiday attraction overlays – yep, Jingle Cruise will be back this year!!!
- Character sightings around the park (not traditional meet and greets)
- Reindeer Wranglers performances in Frontierland
- Club Tinsel Dance Party
- Unlimited (select) snacks like ice cream novelties, popcorn, seasonal treats, and select beverages – just like at the other After Hours events
- Holiday magic shots from DisneyPhotoPass
- LOW WAIT TIMES at over 20 attractions
2021 Disney Very Merriest After Hours Dates/Prices
Very Merriest After Hours will take place on select nights from November 8 – December 21, from 9pm – 1am. Like the other “After Hours” events, this one will take place after the park closes to day guests and does not require the park to close early – a common complaint of MVMCP during the busy holiday season. Tickets go on sale on 8/17/21 for resort guests (including the Swan/Dolphin and Shades of Green) and on 8/20/21 for the general public.
Very Merriest dates and prices are finally out, so without further ado, here are all the details. Prices for November dates range from $169-$209 + tax, and December dates are $209-$249 + tax. Annual Passholders and DVC Members can save $10 per ticket for early November dates. Tickets go on sale online, or call 407-939-4240 on August 20, though guests of select WDW hotels can book on August 17.
November: 8, 9, 11, 12, 14, 16, 18, 19, 21, 23, 28, 30
December: 2, 3, 5, 7, 9, 10, 12, 14, 16, 17, 19, 21
There’s been no mention of military pricing yet but I’ll update again if/when that info is released. BREAKING NEWS — there IS a military discount available for Disney Very Merriest After Hours!! Tickets are non-refundable and sold on a first-come, first-serve basis only through Shades of Green. Prices are as follows, including tax:
November 8, 12, 14, 19: $183.75
November 9, 11, 16, 18: $164.50
November 21, 23, December 3, 10, 17: $222.75
November 28, 30, December 2, 5, 7, 9, 12, 14, 16: $203.25
December 19, 21: No military discount
Will you be attending the new Disney VERY MERRIEST After Hours this year? While I’m totally bummed not to have the Christmas party back in its full form, I’m hoping that we get the chance to check this one out!